There are a number of things you can do, as outlined below.
If you are interested in seeing justice and Free Speech prevail, please write or call your Congressman (or a nearby Congressman, or a Congressman known to be responsive to abuses by the left, if you think your own Congressman won’t act).
Write to him and ask him or her for the following tangible steps, or any other steps he might think prudent:
In addition to reading his (Kimberlin’s) record into the Congressional Record, to finally end this absurd contention that it is now apparently illegal to mention the facts laid out in US federal court records, there is tangible legislative action that can be requested:
- That a 501(c) “charity” must certify its principals and employees are not engaging in harassment, intimidation, or attempts to punish free speech, on pain of perjury if this is false.
- That a 501(c) principal conducts his legal affairs through a licensed lawyer and not pro se (on his own behalf) unless he can demonstrate that he is indigent.
- That they urge the FBI and DoJ and IRS investigate this matter, as well as possibly-related crimes of intimidation of Free Speech, such as Patterico’s and Mike Stack’s SWATting.
- That the Government Oversight Committee (or whichever committee is proper) hold hearings on the possible abuse of 501(c) charities for uses against the public interest.
- That Congress stiffen penalties (or add them) such a punitive damages and possibly inductive relief against anyone attempting to use harassment and intimidation to suppress Free Speech. And that they add a law which permits a judge to rule that a litigant bringing vexatious lawsuits with the purpose of chilling free speech be henceforth required to post a large bond before suing, and to have his lawsuits signed off by a lawyer or judge before filing.
- Ask Congress to pass a special law against SWATting with serious penalties — like 10-20 years.Telephone lines are a federal concern. The use of telephone lines to both waste police resources and put citizens’ lives at risk should be a major crime.Add a kicker penalty — another 10 years — if the crime is determined to be conducted for the purpose of intimidating or squelching free speech.
Will Profit at Capitalist Preservation: #BrettKimberlin: Call to Battle draws attention to the fact that Tuesday morning Aaron Worthing will be in court in Maryland for a hearing in the #BrettKimberlin case.
Left us sally forth with signs, bullhorns, pamphlets, voices to expose them to public scrutiny. We must support Aaron in this cause or be forever silent victims of the vicissitudes of those who would be our masters. This simply is not about just Aaron, but truly about our continued existence as a free people.All those who can be there, must be there.
I am of a different mind about what can be done, considering my own 7+ years of being harassed, and how the courts were ultimately unwilling to address the unlawful behavior of my opponents. Even with cyberstalking laws on the books, getting a judge to sign off on simple paperwork like a TRO and getting law enforcement to follow through – even when you have the paperwork in your hands – is a difficult feat.