In 2006, when Tammy Duckworth was running for Congress in the 6th Congressional District, Chicago Communist Party USA member Frank Lumpkin was 90 years old but still active, including a labor walk for Tammy Duckworth.1 In September 2008, Chicago based socialist journal In These Times asked its editors and writers to suggest their top progressive choices for a potential Obama Cabinet.2 Luis Carlos Montalván3 suggested Tammy Duckworth for Secretary of Veterans Affairs. In March 2009 Tammy Duckworth was nominated4 by the Obama administration for the position of Assistant Secretary for Public and Intergovernmental Affairs in the VA and confirmed in April 2009.
Judging from past experience, those little tidbits are just the tip of the iceberg. And also judging from past experience, the media never talk about things like this; one of the reasons we didn’t find out about a lot of what Obama was hiding until he had MOVED INTO THE WHITE HOUSE. Do we need the same thing in the 8th Congressional District? I think not.
Tammy Duckworth is now opposing Joe Walsh in the democrats’ gerrymandered 8th Congressional District. The Democrat-controlled Illinois redistricting commission appears to have redrawn the Illinois 8th Congressional District especially to include the home of Tammy Duckworth.5
It will be interesting to see how well Congressman Joe Walsh does with the upcoming debate against his communist-blessed and supported opponent. And it will also be interesting to see how the media spin it.
- http://keywiki.org/index.php/Frank_Lumpkin#Supporting_Duckworth [↩]
- In These Times, 22 to Know Our Picks for an Obama Cabinet, By In These Times Editors and Contributors, September 26, 2008 [↩]
- Luis Carlos Montalván: IVAW Member and Winter Soldier II participant/activist, LULAC Member, NYT Op Ed “writer” “Losing Iraq One Truckload At a Time”, written about by the Sniper, exposed by NEWSER for exaggerated PTSD claims and exposed by Gawker for his suspect lawsuit and criminal record, “advocate” for more free benefits for injured veterans, writer at the Huffington Post, author of “Until Tuesday”, PBS Author, etc. [↩]
- Nominations and appointments [↩]
- Check out the neat little Gerrymander: http://tinyurl.com/3cm5nol. Duckworth’s house is at the end of Bolleana Ct.)
The Illinois 8th CD is currently held by Republican Joe Walsh, but after redistricting, Walsh’s home will be located in the 14th CD.
Illinois lost a Congressional seat after the 2010 Census revealed that population continues to shift away from the state and Democrats have projected as many as five GOP losses in the state due to partisan redistricting.-Hawaii Free Press http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/4409/Redistricting-Tammy-Duckworth-gets-Gerrymandered-into-Illinois-8th-Congressional-District.aspx [↩]